Saturday, December 13, 2008

God is my Strength and my Hope

Now, I want to testify again another God's Grace in my life. Tonight, I just had one examination (Macroeconomics Theory). The course is PhD level course and it was a difficult conceptual course. It used abundant mathematical methods. For the last 2 days, I was a disappointed with my Microeconomics Theory paper (another PhD level course) because I felt that I did not do it well. It was so disappointing that I was not being able to concentrate on anything until this afternoon.

Again, I believe there is no such coincidence thing in our life (at least, it is true for me). This afternoon, I chose to sit in the common room and to watch TV in order to relax my mind. While I was sitting there and was watching TV, my friend from India suddenly came and as usual he opened our conversation with spiritual matters. He started with topic of that human never get satisfied in anything in the world. Then, the conversation goes. Until there was a point, when he mentioned that humans never get satisfied because they do not have the peace. When I heard this particular word 'peace', somehow I felt it stabbed deep inside my heart. I instantly realized that probably this particular thing called 'peace' is the one that I am lack of. After that, I went back to my room and pray to God to express my gratitude for reminding me of this thing. I asked Him to grant me the Godly peace that I am lack of. I would like to tell you that I have kept worrying for the last 1.5 to 2 years for whatever reasons. I know it was not right, but I just cannot keep out of it. But today, I believe that Jesus has restored the peace in me. He has been my shelter and my salvation, and He will forever be. I believe that I have been saved by His sacrifice on the cross. My debts have been paid and devil does not have any right on my life. I am truly His and His only.

The story continues, then at 6.30 pm, I entered the examination room. I felt very worried that I will do bad again in this paper. But, no. That was not the thing that happened. I opened the questions and I felt I did it well. I firmly believe that God has again (and again) shown His Love to me.

Jesus once said, 'I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the Kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' (Mark 10:15). Children have pure minds. They are not corrupted by the worldly thoughts. This is the right state of mind, mind that is pure, to receive the Kingdom of God.

God bless you all readers. God loves you.

1 comment: