Thursday, February 12, 2009

More is Less - What a strange world...

For the last 6 months, I have been reading 45 books (textbooks, lecture notes, economics and finance related books). I must say that at least 70% of the books which I have read was not required readings for the course in 1st semester. It was really only for the sake of my interest.

Whenever I enter library, I am always dragged by unseen force to the computer and start searching for books. And when I found good books (most books are good to me actually), I am always tempted to take it, and to borrow it. Afterward, I will read the entire book within 3 - 4 days straight.

After practicing this new habit for sometimes, I started to realize what some wise people means when they said 'The world is strange. The more you learn, The more you realize that you do not know anything'.

This kind of feeling came to me 2 weeks ago. The more number of books I read, I realize that there are so many things that I do not know yet. I guess this is also a sign of the Greatness of God. This particular thing makes people realize that they are very 'small' and 'weak'. Hence, every human beings will understand that they need to rely on God alone.

God bless you, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment