Thursday, January 22, 2009

I do not want to leave academics world

University is like my lover. I am happy to go to the Library. I am happy to read textbooks. I am happy to read journals. I am happy to attend Lectures. I am happy to do assignments. I am happy to sit in courses I am not registered for just for the sake of knowledge. I am happy to discuss academic issues. I am happy attending research seminars, although I do not understand completely what they said. It is just a sense of complete happiness entering academics environment. I feel that my soul and my excitement are there.

The more I learn, the more I feel that I know so little. The more I realize that there are finitely infinite things out there. It also makes me realized how weak human is. But still, many of us feel as the smartest person on earth.

Whenever I am thinking of the possibility that this semester will be my last semester in University for lifetime, I am worried, I feel sad. There is a feeling that I do not want to leave academics environment. Is living as an academics my path of life? Is it the plan God has for my life?

Deep inside my heart, I really would like to continue my PhD study in Economics. Day by day, Economics is expanding its territory within my life. Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics are always wandering in my mind on most of my days. I hope I do well in my Master's study. I hope that I could build a very good research proposal. I hope that I get a good GRE result. I hope that I get a PhD admission somewhere in this world. I know efforts are needed. I will do what (the right one) I can do to pursue this dream. If it is His will, everything will go smoothly. Nothing in the world is big enough to stop His will.

Ok, now focus on your last semester of Master's degree. Do well. Then prepare your research proposal. Prepare for GRE and take the test. Do not forget to pray. Ask wisdom and guidance from God. I believe in an old saying, If there is a will, there is a way.

God, please show me the way. Please tell me who I am and why I am on earth. Let me live according to Your will only.

4 comments:

  1. walah, jatuh cinta kok sama universitas sih mas ken!=)hahaha

    But all the best to pursue your dream... Ken..!!

    Semarang BISA!!!

    Antony Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Gimana nih, Ton? Cinta itu buta ik. Ndak isa pilih2.

    Terima kasih sebesar-besarnya buat dorongan moril-nya, Ton...

    Oh iya, omong2. Aku salut sama perkembangan PPI Singapura sekarang. Semakin mendekati Visi dan Misi awal pendiri PPI. Aku harap PPI Singapura berkembang terus ke arah yang positif.

    Semangat buat PPI, Ton... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayo ken ndaftar phD aja kl mo lanjut, then jadi lecturer, that way you can stay at the uni for your whole life (at least smp pensiun, lol)...

    ReplyDelete