Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sinner's Prayer

I arrived in Hong Kong 5 months ago to start my postgraduate studies in Economics (at University of Hong Kong). I feel extremely blessed to be given a chance to study here. I must say that by God's Grace only, I could come here. Otherwise, it will not be possible. I did not have a good undergraduate GPA (although I do have decent co-curricular activities). To be simple, I am very thankful for God's Mercy on me. He still gave me this wonderful chance of studying despite of my rebellious life to Him. I must admit that I did not live with His Standards for the last few years. I often did not follow His Commands. But He still loves me. I often feel guilty and asked for forgiveness for my careless acts. But after a while, I fell into the same holes again and again. But He still loves me. The feeling as 'A Lost Child' comes over and over again. Everyday I am trying to live up to His Standards, but I am still far behind it.

Jesus, I pray that You forgive all my sins, all my rebellious acts, my doubts in You. You have blessed and taken care me as Your child, but I did not thankful for it. I am sorry, Jesus. I know that I was wrong. I pray that You open the eyes of my heart and my ears so that I could understand the unconditional Love You have in me. I know I am far behind from Your Standards. But Jesus, please cleanse me, teach me, and guide me through my entire life. I know I have been a proud man in the past. I know I have had unholy state of minds in the past. But now, I ask for your forgiveness. Please make me new. I do not want to live like the past. I want to have a holy and an acceptable life in Your eyes. Jesus, please hear my prayer. In Jesus's Name I Pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment